LEAD WORK AT ALBA ROOFING
Alba Roofing Ltd are installers of Rolled Lead Sheet, at Alba Roofing we only use British colour coded and Lead Sheet Association certified lead. And to lead sheet code of practice we are registered lead workers with the Lead Sheet Association.
BENEFITS OF LEAD WORK
Using lead is totally green, and is an investment to your property with longevity of this traditional metal. Some of its benefits are:
- Carbon Footprint – The carbon footprint of lead, compared with other hard metals, is extremely low making it a very environmentally friendly material.
- Lifespan – Its lifespan also means it lasts a generation without having to be replaced – on average more than three times longer than other proprietary flashing products.
- Recyclable – There is an established recycling infrastructure so almost 100% of the waste can be re-used.
- Longevity – Lead’s longevity means that architects can safely use it in designs needing to comply with Euro code requirements for a 60 year design life.
- No Delays – Lead installation is not impacted by damp or cold weather conditions, thereby minimising project delays.
- Labour – Working with lead is a highly skilled job and will more likely be undertaken by skilled tradesman, thereby minimising the risks of employing unskilled labour using other products.
- Economic Benefits – The economic benefits of using lead also came through strongly. Over a 40 year period lead can be up to 50% cheaper than manmade flashing products and over 65 years it is almost 100% cheaper.
Want to find out more about the Lead Work we do? Or have any questions? Feel free to contact us below now!
Monday – Friday: 8am – 5pm
Saturdays by appointment